Transportation is among the more vital economic activities for a business, providing the essential service of linking the company to its suppliers and customers. This course is designed to train participants in crucial issues in transportation, warehouse, and distribution operations, such as flow & route planning, communication between internal and external customers, safety, and security.
Module 1: Transportation Foundation for Managers.
- Identify various transportation modes and which authority (local or national) regulates each one.
- Discuss the different modes of transportation and their advantages or disadvantages.
- List the primary considerations in determining the best mode.
- Learn how performance and costs information for transportation mode selection can facilitate decision-making.
Module 2: Management of the Flow & Distribution Channel.
- Determine which transportation method is most appropriate for various situations.
- Put together schedules and determine transportation routes.
- Develop strategies for making routes more efficient using data.
- Explore the channels of distribution and organize the operations of distribution centers
Module 3: Creating a communicative environment.
- Learn effective methods for communications between shifts.
- Identify ways to elicit clear statements of customer requirements and specifications.
- Develop effective communications to both internal and external customers.
- Develop an understanding of teamwork and good professional workplace behavior to solve problems
Module 4: Warehouse Safety & Security
- Identify major security requirements applicable to the warehouse environment.
- Establish safety standards and ensure staff follows the regulations.
- Learn acceptable workplace dress or attire, including safety clothing requirements where applicable.
- Define movement in a warehouse and learn the concept of movement of materials and its vital role in the total functionality of the warehouse.
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Practical illustrations
- Interactive classes
- Group discussions
- Case studies
Open Course Enrollment Details
Dates & Location
The CLPD Experience
Joining a CLPD class means getting an access to numerous unique advantages that only our center can provide in Cambodia:
- State of the art training facilities with modern lecture halls and equipment
- Expert Western instructors with decades of experience in senior positions. 100% of them hold a post-graduate degree.
- International quality standards at every step, from the curriculum creation to the delivery and follow-up
- Certificates of completion recognized by the American University of Phnom Penh and valued by employers
Want More Information?
Check our Course Outlines (PDF) here: Transportation & Distribution Management
You can also contact us at:
Phone: 011 21 21 44 / 023 990 023
Mail: [email protected]