On the job benefits
The Developing a Cutting Edge Operations Strategy course participants will gain the following significant benefits:
- Quality improvement
- Reduced support cost
- Reduced time-to-market
- Improved communications along the supply chain
- Less wasted logistic process times
The Developing a Cutting Edge Operations Strategy course is recommended for:
- Business managers
- Emerging leaders
This seminar is intended to develop the core operations management skills and competencies. The core competencies include operations knowledge, planning, control, problem-solving and communication. Existing managers with at least two years’ experience will benefit from this seminar.
Upon completing the Developing a Cutting Edge Operations Strategy course, you will be able to:
- Have a 360 degree view of the operations management functions
- Identify potential management blind spots and improvement areas
- Offer experiential analysis of the challenges of COOs and Operations Managers
- Describe the functions and practices of production and Operation Managers
- Review the supply chain management, the research and development (R&D), the manufacturing, the project management and the quality management
- Share insights on how to develop strategies, initiatives and programs to introduce and sustain competitive operations in organizations
- Highlight the best practices, tools and models to develop and implement an effective operations management system
Day 1: Monitoring Project Deliverables and Controlling Projects
- Operations Management Model
- Operations Management Strategy for Competitiveness
- Operations Planning Decisions
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- New Product Development (NPD + R&D)
- Production or Manufacturing Management (MM)
- Operations Management Best Practices Case studies
Day 2: Quality Management Best Practices
- Six Sigma data driven approach
- Lean manufacturing, inventory, warehouse and logistics
- Just in Time (JIT) production
- Value Stream Mapping strategies
- Kanban Systems
Day 3: Building and Management LEAN operations
- Decision areas: cost, quality, time, space, logistics, flexibility
- Production Management: Innovation management, research and development (R&D), methods of production, cost of production, breakeven analysis, process control, production planning and scheduling
- Facilities planning and automations and smart buildings
- Project selection and initiation, planning, financing, scheduling and resource allocation, risk, communication, control, evaluation and termination
- Outsourcing, off-shoring and supply chain integration
Training materials are customized for seminar participants into the following activities:
- Customization Request: agreeing with the advisor on the learning focus, course expectations, type of industry/company and assessment project.
- Reading Assignment: understanding essential concepts (Knowledge transfer).
- Case-study Assignment: management issues analysis (Learn by example).
- Project Assignment: real-world best practices application (Knowledge creation).
- Advisor Feedback: reviewing participants work and providing improvement advice (Development).
Open Course Enrollment
Dates & Location
The CLPD Experience
Joining a CLPD class means getting an access to numerous unique advantages that only our center can provide in Cambodia:
- State of the art training facilities with modern lecture halls and equipment
- Expert Western instructors with decades of experience in senior positions. 100% of them hold a post-graduate degree.
- International quality standards at every step, from the curriculum creation to the delivery and follow-up
- Certificates of completion recognized by the American University of Phnom Penh and valued by employers
Want More Information?
Check our Course Outlines (PDF) here:
You can also contact us at:
Phone: 011 21 21 44